Nice to meet you! I am Ju.
I'm a Brazilian Creative Director who is not afraid of getting to know new places. I‘m from Campinas, a city with more than 1 million inhabitants, but that feels like a village in the Brazilian countryside. I always felt the world was too big to stay there my whole life, so I decided to explore our big blue planet. More than art direction craft, I love to come up with ideas. Hence my first portfolio got me a job as an intern copywriter at Leo Burnett in Brazil. When I told her future boss that I was actually an art director, he reacted with a mix of surprise and contempt. Nevertheless, I got the job.
I'm currently an Executive Creative Director at Publicis Spain. Previously, Regional Creative Director at Ogilvy in the Middle East and North Africa region, where I got to grips with an important piece of business in a challenging market in a remarkably short space of time, my work for them winning 3 Golds, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze at the Cannes Lions, 5 Pencil at D&AD, leading it to be considered the 'The 5th Most-Awarded Print/OOH campaign in the world by Gunn Report 2016', Ogilvy Jeddah and IKEA Saudi Arabia to win its first awards, and Ogilvy to win Cannes Lions Network of the Year. The campaign stood out especially for its Craft, which made me to be considered one of the most-awarded art directors in 2016. And in 2017, I was recognized as Top 3 best art directors by Lürzer's Archive.
I have worked so far in 4 countries (Brazil, Germany, United Arab Emirates and Spain), 1 independent agency and 4 networks (Jung von Matt, Leo Burnett, Y&R, Ogilvy, and Publicis).
I love traveling; TV Series (Black Mirror, Seinfeld or anything that makes me laugh or think); I like to work out but I‘m not a Cross-fit maniac; I love coffee, art, photography, I love jokes, Fridays, cinema. I don‘t smoke but I do like to socialize.
If you want to discuss ideas, opportunities or just the weather, feel free to contact me: email@example.com
And if you would like to know more about my story, take a look at this article published at Luerzer's Archive: http://www.luerzersarchive.com/en/article/366/nice-to-meet-ju!.html
• 2 nationalities (Brazilian and German);
• 11 years of experience
• 4 different countries (Brazil, Germany, UAE and Spain) in 3 different continents (South America, Europe and Middle East);
• Nominated to be member of The One Club International Board;
• Created Ogilvy‘s Most-Awarded print campaign in 2016, leading it to be considered 'The 5th Most-Awarded Print/OOH ads in the world by Gunn Report 2016" and to win "Cannes Lions Network of the Year";
• Considered the 29th Most-Awarded Art Director in 2016;
• Led Ogilvy Jeddah and IKEA Saudi Arabia to win its first awards;
• Led in 2017 Ogilvy Jeddah and IKEA Saudi Arabia win in Cannes for the second time in a row;
• 2343 ideas per brainstorming, 2 of which I like;
• 2 passions (great ideas and my husband, not necessarily in that order).